In managing workforces, particularly when addressing employee turnover, employers often find themselves facing issues regarding how best to safeguard their confidential business information and how to protect their relationships with clients and employees. In recent years, the legal landscape underlying these issues has been evolving, as lawmakers and judges grapple with the tension in these matters between protection and free competition.
In this Take 5, we examine recent developments, both in the courts and legislative bodies, concerning trade secrets and employee mobility:
- Antitrust Action Against No-Poaching Agreements: The Trump Administration Continues Obama Policy
- Drafting “Garden Leave” Clauses in Employment Agreements
- Will Insurance Cover a Company Sued in a Trade Secrets Lawsuit?
- Defend Trade Secrets Act Developments in 2017
- New and Proposed State Statutes and Federal Legislation Limiting Non-Compete Agreements