Epstein Becker Green attorneys Peter A. Steinmeyer, Robert D. Goldstein, and Brian E. Spang are pleased to be presenting 2017 Year in Review: Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Developments webinar on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. — 2:15 p.m. with Practical Law.
This webinar will provide insights into recent developments and expected trends in the evolving legal landscape of trade secrets and non-competition agreements. This webinar will focus on how to navigate this continually developing area and effectively protect client relationships and proprietary information.
Topics will include:
- A review of recent developments and litigation trends under the Defend Trade Secrets (DTSA) since its enactment in 2016.
- Newly passed state statutes addressing restrictive covenants, including who can enter into them, industry restrictions, and temporal restrictions.
- Increased usage of "garden leave" clauses in lieu of non-competes.
- Recent decisions regarding restrictive covenants, including whether a LinkedIn "invitation to link" is an improper solicitation.
- Significant recent trade secret cases, including the level of detail required when pleading the existence of a trade secret.
- Administrative agency developments regarding confidentiality clauses, including shifting agency trends under the Trump administration.
- When are employers actually filing suit against former employees?
Click here for more information and to register for the webinar.