Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Downtown Chicago Dinner Program
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Repeat Suburban Lunch Program
Join our colleagues Lauri Rasnick, Kevin Ryan, and Peter Steinmeyer for an interactive panel discussion which will provide insights into recent developments and expected trends in the evolving legal landscape of trade secret and non-competition law. This program will also discuss unique issues and developments in the health care and financial services industry. Our colleagues will also be joined by Thomas J. Shanahan, Associate General Counsel at Option Care.
Issues arising from employees and information moving from one employer to another continue to proliferate and provide fertile ground for litigation. Many businesses increasingly feel that their trade secrets or client relationships are under attack by competitors—and even, potentially, by their own employees. Individual workers changing jobs may try to leverage their former employer’s proprietary information or relationships to improve their new employment prospects, or may simply be seeking to pursue their livelihood.
How can you put yourself in the best position to succeed in a constantly developing legal landscape?
Whether you are an employer drafting agreements and policies or in litigation seeking to enforce or avoid them, you will want to know about recent developments and what to expect in this area.
During this program, the panel will discuss:
- Legal trends in the enforceability of non-competes
- New and pending state and federal legislation, including the Massachusetts Noncompetition Agreement Act
- Recent judicial decisions regarding restrictive covenants, including an important California case concerning provisions barring solicitation of employees
- New cases and statutes regarding protection of trade secrets
- Continuing governmental scrutiny of “no poach” agreements and restrictions on low wage workers
ACC Chicago is an Approved Illinois CLE Provider. 1 General Credit Hour (pending) for this program. Participants seeking MCLE credit need to sign in and provide their Illinois Bar number