- Posts by Adam PaineAssociate
An accomplished litigator with deep experience in commercial litigation, Adam Paine represents clients in a broad range of complex commercial matters.
Adam assists clients—in industries such as health care and life sciences ...
In a bombshell ruling last year that upended longstanding Delaware law, the Delaware Chancery Court ruled in Ainslie v. Cantor Fitzgerald, L.P., 2023 WL 106924 (Del. Ch. Jan. 4, 2023), that forfeiture-for-competition clauses, under which departing employees must forfeit certain long-term incentive compensation if they join a competitor, are akin to post-employment noncompetes and other restraints of trade. As a result, the Chancery Court determined these forfeiture provisions should be analyzed under a reasonableness standard rather than the employee choice doctrine ...
- Spilling Secrets Podcast: Latest Developments – Restrictive Covenants in the Health Care Industry
- Free to Forfeit: Delaware High Court Holds Employee Choice Is Proper Lens for Evaluating Forfeiture-for-Competition Provisions in Partnership Agreements
- Trade Secrets Litigation: 2024 Update
- Spilling Secrets Podcast: Invention Ownership - Why the Tense Matters in Employee IP Provisions
- Preparing for Non-Compete Litigation: 2024 Update