I'm pleased to present the 2019 update to our "Trade Secrets Litigation" Practice Note, published by Thomson Reuters Practical Law. My co-author Zachary Jackson and I discuss litigation for employers whose employees have misappropriated trade secrets.
See below to download it in PDF format—following is an excerpt:
- Preventing further unauthorized use or disclosure of its trade secrets.
- Recovering the trade secrets.
- Obtaining damages.
This Practice Note discusses trade secrets litigation. In particular, it addresses:
- Preliminary steps to consider, such as sending a cease and desist letter and contacting law enforcement.
- Filing a legal action.
- Common causes of action.
- Discovery, including expedited discovery.
- Injunctive relief, damages, and attorneys’ fees.
- Best practices for preparing to counter potential defenses and counterclaims.
- Maintaining confidentiality during trade secrets litigation.
- Member of the Firm