Many businesses progressively fear that their trade secrets and valued business relationships are at risk of attack by competitors – and even by their own employees. Do you know what it takes to protect those critical assets in the ever-changing world of trade secret and non-compete law?
Join Epstein Becker Green attorneys Anthony J. Laura, Robert D. Goldstein, and Peter A. Steinmeyer on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. EST for a complimentary, 75-minute webinar hosted by Practical Law. This webinar offers insights into recent developments and expected trends in the evolving legal landscape of trade secrets and non-competition agreements. This webinar will focus on how to navigate this developing area and effectively protect client relationships and proprietary information. Topics will include:
- The Defend Trade Secrets (DTSA), including the new federal remedies available to employers and the steps they need to take to fully benefit from them.
- Newly passed state statutes addressing restrictive covenants, including who can enter into them, industry restrictions, and temporal restrictions.
- Recent decisions regarding what constitutes adequate consideration for a non-compete.
- Interesting developments determining choice of law issues, including a new California statute restricting choice of law provisions.
- Administrative agency developments, including agency enforcement actions cracking down on non-competes.
A short Q&A session will follow.
To register for this webinar, click here.
Moderator: Barbara J. Harris, Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Labor & Employment
CLE credit is available in multiple states. Please submit inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org.